Councils and Keeping Tea Cup Pigs

Councils and Keeping Tea Cup Pigs

Do I need to ask my council if I want to keep my teacup pig in a residential area or will it be on the councils website?????

You will have to contacty your council directly. As you and I are concerned, tea cup pigs are not the usual run-of-the-mill pig, and can't really be classified as livestock. However, by-laws can be funny things, and each town and village has their own.

So, it really depends on each individual council as to what they will allow or not. This goes for keeping chickens too. Some will, some won't some will allow you to keep chickens but no roosters, for example.

We hope that you are allowed to keep your little piggy-wig! Love the picture!

Countryfarm Lifestyles

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Leave a Comment.

Did you find this page helpful?

Sharing is a way of saying, "Thanks!"

Follow Us and Keep Up to Date

Go back to the Home Page


Natural PesticidesNatural Pesticides
Farm ExchangeFarm Exchange
Farmers DirectoryFarmers' Directory
Making SoapMaking Soap
Country Cooking RecipesCountry Recipes

Traditional Arts and Crafts
Country Crafts