Agriculture articles on homesteading and small scale farming. Organic farming, worm faming, fish farming, food safety, pesticides... Feel free to browse through the agriculture and farming articles here on various topics, some of course controversial like the first article on food safety. However, you may also like to express your own opinion on current farming trends and whether you think there is a lack of conscience by those in the food industry.
We have had BSE and now we have had the China milk scandal of adding melamine to milk. We have had bird flu which had people running scared from poultry and swine flu that had people thinking twice about eating pork products.
While some are concerned about the mercury levels in fish, others are worried about the pesticides and sprays on vegetables and fruit. Basically, people are worried about food safety. So how safe is our food?.
Cancers increase, new cancers and illnesses appear. The bees are disappearing, and so are the ice caps.
Do you have an opinion on where this is all going? Would you like to rant a little? Feel free to do so here, and see what others are saying about the matter and feel free to submit a farming article of your own. See below for details.
However, there are also informational agriculture articles that will help you in your small scale farming.
- How Safe is our Food?: Are we Eating Toxic Fruit and Vegetables?
- Cover Crops: What are cover crops and their use in soil improvement
- Organic Labeling What does it all mean?
- Gardening with Vinegar: An organic pesticide, insecticide and herbicide
- Buying Country Acreage: To Buy or Not to Buy?
- Vertical Farming: City Buildings offer opportunities for farms to grow up, instead of out.
- Community Supported Agriculture: Looking at the Pros and Cons of CSA Farming.
- CSA Farming FAQ: Looking at answers to frequently asked questions on CSA Farming.
- Farm Insurance: Something every farmer needs, but do you actually know what sort of policy you should be buying?
This farming directory has been provided as a place for you to find information to help you with your farming endeavors. Feel free to browse around and learn all you can. If you own a farming or agricultural company you will be able to be listed in the farming directory.
The agriculture directory is where you can buy and sell agricultural machinery, farming equipment, livestock food, fencing, barns and housing etc. Find your local farming supplies and suppliers in one place.
I encourage you to submit your own agriculture articles to this website. Please read and follow the submission guidelines below before you do so.
If you want to republish any farming articles found in our farming articles page you may do so. However, you must follow the authors reprint guidelines. If no guidelines are given in the article then you must use the following as a substitute: "You have permission to this reproduce this article either electronically or in print as long as the author bylines are included, with a live link, and the article is not changed in any way. The author retains full copyrights."
1) Please do not submit ads or long drawn out promotions for your business. They will not be approved so it's not worth your effort. Only informational articles are accepted.
2) You may provide a resource box or author byline at the end of your agriculture article. This is where you can put a link to your website and tell a little about you and your business. Please make it short and to the point, 3 or 4 lines should be sufficient. We reserve the right to edit for length if necessary but will always keep your link intact.
3) Only submit farming articles that you have written or have permission to submit. We do not provide any compensation for accepted articles.
4) There are no length requirements but common guidelines are between 300 - 1500 words.
5) The author retains copyright of the article. However, by submitting here you are giving permission for your article to be republished with credits by others on websites, e-zines, forums, etc...6) You are in control of your farming articles. If you decide you want to take your article off this site in the future, for any reason, simply contact us and we will be happy to do so.
7) Any personal information you provide, such as email address, etc... will remain strictly confidential. It will not be sold, rented, or given away to anyone unless you post it in your article, then we have no control over it.8) You will be receiving a link to your website from your agriculture articles byline and any other links you have in the article pointing to your website. A link back to our site would be appreciated. You can submit as many articles as you like.
These guidelines are subject to change at any time without prior notice.Please note that not all agriculture articles will be able to be included and there is no guarantee of inclusion. I reserve the right to reject any article for any reason. However, most articles that adhere to the guidelines will be accepted. Thank you very much for your article submission.
Do you have anything that you would like to add after reading this page? We would love to hear your thoughts. If you can add additional information to what has been written here you will be adding value to the website! No need to have any special skills - just type and submit. We will do the rest!
Sharing is a way of saying, "Thanks!"